Manly Golf Club
One of Sydney’s original foundation clubs, boasting a rich golf history, steeped in tradition.
Nigel Gibson, General Manager, Manly Golf Club
What They Said
‘Our key objectives were to improve our communication style to members, increase yield and external function revenue.
Dovetail has helped the Club utilise our BI platform to provide members with information relative to their interests and in turn increase yield. Automated marketing programs have assisted with our member engagement whilst refreshing of our weddings microsite and associated marketing programs has increased the number of leads in that business segment.
From a business management standpoint it is also very comforting to be creating easily measured marketing activities.’
- Special Offer Campaigns
- First campaign saw a significant spike of purchase behaviour in the Golf Shop. 100% clearance of special offer within a few days.
- Member Credit Accounts
- Reduced member credit by almost 10%, which was actually increasing prior to introducing programs to advise members of their credit status.
- Open Rates – Avg: 58% (previously unknown)
- Click-throughs – Avg: 21% (previously unknown)
- Welcome Programs
- Encouraging results thus far seen through engagement of each new Introductory Member, leading to higher conversion to full membership following their introductory period.
- Up-skilling Staff
- We have worked closely with staff to up-skill the knowledge of modern marketing and SharpSpring, to ensure ROI is realised.
- Designed & built ‘Weddings’ [only] microsite
- Enabled the club to have a more dedicated experience for prospective clients incl. analytics associated specifically to the performance of that site.
Dovetail continues to work with MGC to:
👉 Introduce continuity with all Member communication.
👉 Drive change with a more modern approach to capturing prospective Clients for weddings, corporate and private function
Commit and dedicate time to test and refine various data-driven, personalised and targeted member communications that will drive engagement and revenues – e.g. food and drink offers based on member’s existing behaviour and spending patterns would create instant appeal for further spend.